Hallo,

On 12/12/06, Benjamin Franksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alex Queiroz wrote:
> On 12/11/06, Stefan O'Rear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> No.  Haskell's lists are linked lists, enlarge creates a single new link
>> without modifying (and copying) the original.
>      Thanks. Is there a way to mimic this behaviour with my own code?

It is the default for any data structure you define. Data is by default
represented internally as a pointer to the actual value. Otherwise
recursive structures (see below for an example) would not be easily
possible. And since no part of the data structure is 'mutable', different
instances can share (memory-wise) as much of their structure as the
implementation is able to find.

    Ok, I think I got it now. :-)

PS: Please try to include exactly the relevant context in replies, no more,
no less. Your original question (stripped down to the body of the text)
would have been relevant, here, but neither 'Hello', nor 'Cheers' are worth
quoting.

    Sorry, but I did not quote "hello" or "cheers".

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/