Hi Bulat,

I wrote:
One is the confusion caused by the strange semantics
to those not familiar with the theory...

Like me, of course.

The other is awkwardness in extending the capabilites
of ST. For that, I would propose that the function "unsafeRunST"
be added to the library.

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
this function exists, but named unsafeIOtoST.

That wasn't what I had in mind, because it forces the
thread parameter to take the specific value RealWorld.

But I am not sure anymore that it is needed. It turned out
that my case was just another instance of the first
kind of awkwardness. So I no longer have any evidence
that the second kind of awkwardness exists. So
I withdraw my proposal.

Thanks,
Yitz