On Tue, 2007-22-05 at 10:19 +0200, apfelmus wrote:

> I can't know whether that's the case, but the fact that virtually all
> commands are invoked with the keyboard clashes with HID research reported at
>
>    http://www.asktog.com/TOI/toi06KeyboardVMouse1.html
>
> It adresses the question whether selecting commands in menus with the
> mouse or accessing them via keyboard shortcuts is faster. The answer is:
>
>  "* Test subjects consistently report that keyboarding is faster than
>     mousing.
>   * The stopwatch consistently proves mousing is faster than
>     keyboarding."

You beat me to the punch.  And to exactly the same URL, in fact.

I see strong parallels between the insistence that keyboarding is faster
than mousing and the insistence that manual memory management is faster
than automated memory management.

--
Michael T. Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (GoogleTalk:
[EMAIL PROTECTED])