On 10 Aug 2007, at 9:37 am, Stefan O'Rear wrote:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

I'd like to ask if it's possible to add expm1 and log1p to
the Floating class:

class ... Floating a where
    exp, log, sqrt  :: a -> a
    expm1, lop1p    :: a -> a                -- new, copied from C99
    expm1 x = exp x - 1                 -- but done more accurately
    log1p x = log (1 + x)               -- but done more accurately

However, the Library_submissions page wants an implementation, and
adding this sort of function seems to require getting into the guts
of an implementation.  (Difficult: I am having serious trouble getting
GHC 6.6 to install at all, never mind changing it.)