Gregory Propf wrote:
I've been struggling with writing a parser that needs to parse include files within source files. So far I cannot get this to work (in reality to get work done I wrote a kludge that returns a list of include filenames to be run later in a pure IO function. I realized that this just amounted to creating my own half-assed monad system so I really don't want to use this approach). I have read the tutorials I could find on monad transformers but I still don't see what's going on. I'm using the Parsec parser library. Here's an simple example of what I've tried. I also tried using liftIO and got a message about needing to add an instance of MonadIO. This made more sense but the type of liftIO is baffling

The fun part is that Parsec already has a feature for include files... (I can't remember where the heck it is or how you use it though.)