On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Andrew Coppin wrote:

Evan Laforge wrote:
To get this back to haskell, at the time I wondered if a more natural
implementation might be possible in haskell, seeing as it was more
naturally lazy.  Not sure how to implement the behaviours though
(which were simply macros around a let of *dynamic-something*).  I'm
sure people have done plenty of signal processing, and there's always
haskore... but what about a sound generation language like csound or
clm or nyquist?  It could fit in nicely below haskore.

Indeed, you can write certain DSP algorithms beautifully in Haskell. Now, if only it could talk to the audio hardware... (Or just use common file formats even.)

I invoke a variety of sound converters/players (sox, alsaplayer, ecasound) in order to fix this problem. Writing and playing this way is easy. Reading files is problematic because the converters cannot output header information.
 'http://darcs.haskell.org/synthesizer/src/Sox/File.hs'
 'http://darcs.haskell.org/synthesizer/src/Sox/Play.hs'
 'http://darcs.haskell.org/dafx/src/Presentation.hs'