Bryan Burgers wrote:
On 9/26/07, Graham Hutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Salary  will be  within the  range 25,134  - 32,796  pounds  per year,
depending  on qualifications  and experience.   The post  is available
immediately, and will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 3 years.

I don't mean to diminish the seriousness of your message, but why is
the salary range so exact? Couldn't you have just rounded the upper
bound to 32,768 for the sake of readability?

Bryan

I would imagine that they come from the University's salary scales[1]. As for why the salaries on there are so exact, that's anyone's guess.

Iain

[1] http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/hr/scales/r-t010807%2B.pdf