Don Stewart wrote:
Just a quick announce: the stream fusion library for lists, that Duncan Coutts, Roman Leshchinskiy and I worked on earlier this year
is now available on Hackage as a standalone package:

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/stream-fusion-0.1.1

As described in the recent paper:

    "Stream Fusion: From Lists to Streams to Nothing at All"
    Duncan Coutts, Roman Leshchinskiy and Don Stewart. ICFP 2007

This is a drop-in replacement for Data.List.

So let me get this straight... If I take a program that does lots of list processing, and import this module instead of Data.List, the program will magically go faster?

Sounds good to me! :-D

I wonder if this will make my Burrows-Weeler Transform program go any faster? That's 100% list processing...