Henning Thielemann wrote:
apfelmus wrote:

Back then, I was given the task to calculate some sequence
of numbers which I did in one page of C code. So far so good, but when I
asked the task assigner about his solution, he responded: "Ah, this
problem, that's 1 line in Haskell. Well, 2 lines if the terminal is too
small."

Ah, a Haskell code contribution to the Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences?

The task was just for fun, but it's sequence A050000.

  import Data.Set

xs = let f x m = x:let y = x `div` 2 in f (if member y m then 3*x else y) (insert x m) in f 1 (singleton 0)

As said, it's two lines if the terminal is too small :)

Regards,
apfelmus