Hi everyone. With the permission of the authors, I'd like to announce the
release & upload to Hackage of two games written in Haskell (you may've seen
them mentioned here once or twice before):

*Monadius
*Shu-thing

They are both scrolling 2 dimensional arcade shooting games which use 3D vector
graphics. Shu-thing is a fairly simpler upwards scrolling shooter with one
level and geometric objects; Monadius is a sort of clone/homage to the classic
arcade game Gradius, and I find it quite fun (although I have yet to beat it).

You can find screenshots and original here:
*<http://www.geocities.jp/takascience/index_en.html#haskell>

The Hackage pages:
*<http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Monadius-0.9.20071203>
*<http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Shu-thing-1.0.20071203>

--

They both have dependencies on GLUT, and it's definitely advisable to have 3D
acceleration enabled on your system. I've only tested them with GHC 6.8.1 and

You should be able to 'cabal install' Shu-thing, but Monadius doesn't compile
successfully for reasons I don't understand.

--

My changes to the programs in question are not terribly major - largely
Cabalizing them, formatting and making stylistic changes, stomping most -Wall

I'd like to thank Takayuki Muranushi for answering my questions about the code
and giving permission to update them. I hereby release all my changes into the
public domain.

--
gwern