A further plug:

I did an internship with Simon PJ last summer (implementing view
patterns in GHC, among other things), and this is a great opportunity if
you're interested in PL research.  There is a lot of interesting work
going on at MSR Cambridge, the atmosphere is very friendly, and
Cambridge is a lovely place to spend a summer.

If anyone wants an "intern's-eye" view of the experience, feel free to
e-mail me!

-Dan