On 2008.05.28 20:11:54 -0700, "Benjamin L. Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
scribbled 2.5K characters:
> Although all the source code for the pdf version
> (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rwh/theses/okasaki.pdf) of "Purely Functional Data
> Structures" is provided in Standard ML, not Haskell, I found a broken link to
> the supposedly equivalent Haskell source code on "Books - HaskellWiki"
> (http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Books):
>
> Haskell source code for the book:
> http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~cdo/pfds-haskell.tar.gz
>
> Clicking on this link results in the following error:
>
> --
> File Not Found
>
> The requested URL was not found on this web server:
>     /~cdo/pfds-haskell.tar.gz
>
> You followed a link from http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Books
> Contact the maintainer: [no address given].
>

> Other solutions:
>
>     * You may find what you need by performing a search in the main index for
> this web site.
>     * You can perform a Google search on the departmental pages.
>

> This Columbia University Computer Science web server, www.cs.columbia.edu,
> is maintained by [no address given]
> --
>
> Without the equivalent Haskell source code, the code must be manually
> translated from Standard ML into Haskell.  Does anybody know why the link is
> broken, when it may be fixed, and from where the Haskell source code can be
> currently obtained?
>
> Benjamin L. Russell

If you are interested in the topic, you will probably want to check out Edison:
<http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~rdockins/edison/home/>.

I believe some of the older code in there was even written by Okasaki.

--
gwern
EODG Vanuatu bombers BLU- grenades NAVWAN rack Ortega 170kt MI6