On 2008 Sep 17, at 14:17, Alfonso Acosta wrote:
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:03 AM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2008 Sep 16, at 10:30, Mauricio wrote:

I would like to write a Haskell pretty-printer,
using standard libraries for that. How can I
check if the original and the pretty-printed
versions are the same? For instance, is there
a file generated by GHC at the compilation
pipe that is always guaranteed to have the
same MD5 hash when it comes from equivalent
source?

Compare .hi files?

You an also compare the resulting object files

On ELF systems (the majority) you have to watch out for the timestamp in the ELF header. I know there is code in the gcc source that does object comparisons to verify that stage3 builds match stage2, omitting the header.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]