Daniel Kraft schrieb:
Don Stewart wrote:
- Graphs.

True graphs (the data structure) are still a weak point! There's no
canonical graph library for Haskell.

That sounds interesting... What do you mean by "no canonical" library? Are there already ones but just no "standard" one? But in this case, I don't think adding yet another one will help :D Or isn't there a "real" general graph library?
I would also like to see a project working on a new graph library.
Currently, there is at least Data.Graph (just one Module, package containers), based on Array - adjacency lists, and the functional graph library (package fgl).

I think a good general purpose graph library is tricky though:
- There are lot of variants of graphs (trees, bipartite, acyclic, undirected, simple, edge labeled etc.), hard to find adequate and easy to use abstraction.
- There is no single 'best' implementation (mutable vs. unmutable etc.).
- Its hard to find good traversal and zipper abstractions, though fgl has some nice ones. - The complexity of algorithms varies greatly depending on the particular kind of graph.
Anyway, that's why it is challenging and interesting.

If so, this would be a nice thing to do :) I could look at existing ones (like Boost's graphs) to get a feeling for how an interface might look like and what functionality to implement.

BTW, is there some sort of "project hosting" specifically for such Haskell projects? Or should I go with sourceforge (for instance) for developing this, if I gave it a try?
code.haskell.org / community.haskell.org
provides webspace, trac, mailing-list, darcs.

benedikt