TaPL, iirc, is more about compilers and typesystems, and not specifically about haskell. RWH will give you a cover of the basic stuff and common data types. The Typeclassopedia will cover all the major typeclasses (google search ought to reveal it's super-secret location). Otherwise, the wikibook, the wiki, and the haskell docs are a good place to look to get a handle on the myriad library datatypes provided.

/Joe

Gü?nther Schmidt wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to catch up with all the wonderful Haskell Types, classes, Abstract Data Types, Algebraic Data Types, Types that give peoples headaches and all the other, deeper stuff I have been happily putting off.

Now to look smart I have a bookshelf full of books for smart people and TaPL is amoung them.

Should I try that or will RWH teach me enough to get by?

Günther

begin:vcard
fn:Joseph Fredette
n:Fredette;Joseph
adr:Apartment #3;;6 Dean Street;Worcester;Massachusetts;01609;United States of America
email;internet:jfred...@gmail.com
tel;home:1-508-966-9889
tel;cell:1-508-254-9901
x-mozilla-html:FALSE