Dan Doel wrote:
On Wednesday 12 August 2009 11:46:29 pm Ben Lippmeier wrote:
Dan Doel wrote:
Off hand, I'd say I don't write foo and fooM versions of functions much
in actual programs, either. Such duplication goes into libraries...
It would be ok if the duplication /was/ actually in the libraries,
but often it's not.

Note the lack of Data.Map.mapM and Data.Map.foldM. Want to apply a monadic
computation to all the elements of a Data.Map? Convert it to a list and
back..

Or use Data.Traversable.mapM and Data.Foldable.foldM.

Ah thanks, I didn't notice the Traversable instance. There are
other higher-order functions in Data.Map that don't seem to have
monadic counterparts though, like insertWith, unionsWith, updateAt ...

Ben.