Hello all,
I want to try out Holumbus packages, but found that they don't build when left
to cabal-install.  So I went to the holumbus site and did the git of the latest
source...but it still wouldn't build.  Surprisingly, one of the errors was that
there System.IO did not export a method utf8, but alas, utf8-prelude and
utf8-string are both installed.
So I went into this source code tree and attempted to make minor alterations.
First, of the script is the distribution package (of the three packages), and
cabal wanted less than the most recent hxt package as a maximum, so I dropped
that limit.  This gave me a buildable make of the code (make just calls Setup
for each step) but in the "make install" I get:
localhost:/home/roderick/Source/hs/src/distribution # make install
Installing library in /usr/local/lib/Holumbus-Distribution-0.0.2.0/ghc-6.10.4
Installing executable(s) in /usr/local/bin
Registering Holumbus-Distribution-0.0.2.0...
Setup.hs: internal error: unexpected package db stack
make: *** [install] Error 1

So, my question is "What is the 'unexpected package db stack' caused by?"  Does
this give me any hints about the actual problem?

Roderick