On 11-03-25 03:08 AM, Vasili I. Galchin wrote:
      I am very curious about the readiness of trading and banking
industries to adopt FPLs like Haskell:

Not only FPL and not only Haskell, but also descendents of APL such as J. Generally also any innovation.

Why are they willing to try out innovations? Because they can assess the risk and the probable benefits of trying out another innovation, and they can contain that risk. They know how to be prudent without being overly conservative.

Why can they assess the risk and the probable benefits of trying out another innovation and can contain the risk? Because they can do that of almost anything. They are surviving investors. Trying out another innovation is just another investment, not unlike trying out another stock, another bond, another estate.

Why can the computer security people not do the same? Because they are debuggers, not investors.