2011/5/19 Andrew Coppin <andrewcop...@btinternet.com>:
> http://www.winestockwebdesign.com/Essays/Lisp_Curse.html
>
> Some of you might have seen this. Here's the short version:
>
>  Lisp is so powerful that it discourages reuse. Why search for and reuse an
> existing implementation, when it's so trivially easy to reimplement exactly
> what you want yourself? The net result is a maze of incompatible libraries
> which each solve a different 80% of the same problem.
>
> To all the people who look at Hackage, see that there are 6 different
> libraries for processing Unicode text files, and claim that this is somehow
> a *good* thing, I offer the above essay as a counter-example.

Hi Andrew,

So what exactly is the problem on hackage and what do you propose as a solution?

Surely you don't want people to upload a library on hackage only once
it is perfect (nor do you think such a perfect, one-size-fits-all
library might exist)?

I haven't read the provided link but I also guess you don't _really_
mean that the referred packages on hackage were 'so trivially easy to
reimplement', nor that it is not possible to use them together...

Cheers,
Thu