On 6/2/11 8:59 AM, Aleksandar Dimitrov wrote:
Hi Ketil,

By the way, what is the advantage of using iteratees here?  For my
testing, I just used:

My initial move to iteratees was more a clutch call I made when I was still
using bytestring-trie, and was having immense memory consumption problems.

bytestring-trie also (intentionally) uses ByteString slicing in order to minimize copying. It does so semi-intelligently--- ensuring that of the two sharing options it chooses the one with a shorter "spur". About half the time that spur will be used by continuing down the trie, but you can still end up with unwanted overhead especially if you're intermittently removing keys from the trie.

I've been meaning to add functions to remove spurs (because sometimes the memory is more important than the running time) and meaning to add various other upgrades. I've just been too busy with other code for the last year or so.

--
Live well,
~wren