Kevin Jardine wrote:
After Google's disappointing Dart announcement yesterday, I decided to tweak
them a bit and mention Haskell and functional programming languages as an
alternative:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111705054912446689620/posts/UcyLBH7RLXs

Comments on the post are welcome!

I didn't look very carefully, but from a Haskeller's point of view, I can't see any significant difference between Dart and JavaScript, except perhaps for the name. By comparison, CoffeeScript is a way more innovative venture.

A far more useful thing for Google to do would be a standardized bytecode language for the browser; something that can be JITted efficiently while guaranteeing safety/security. This way, the compilation chain

    Haskell -> bytecode -> browser

would finally be viable.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus