Tim Baumgartner wrote:
Thanks a lot! Althaugh I have some understanding of the Haskell basics and
the most important monads, I feel that I have to see more well designed
code in order to become a good Haskeller. Can somebody make suggestions
what materials are best to work through in order to achieve this? Are there
easy research papers about Haskell programming? Or should I try the
Monad.Reader? I'm looking for topics that either can be used directly in
many situations or that show some functional principles that boost my
creativity and functional thinking.

You may want to start with the Functional Pearls

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers/Functional_pearls

In particular, I recommend

  * Richard Bird. A program to solve Sudoku.
  * Graham Hutton. The countdown problem.
  * Martin Erwig and Steve Kollmansberger.
    Probabilistic functional programming in Haskell.
  * Conor McBride and Ross Paterson.
    Applicative Programming with Effects.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus