Johan Tibell wrote:
Here's a heads-up that this year's Google of Code is kicking off. My
experience from the last few years is that we can maximize the output we
get from GSoC by being proactive and writing down semi-detailed
explanations of what kind of projects we'd like to see, instead of letting
the students pick themselves*.

What's the time frame for project proposals? I have two ideas in my head that I think are unusually cool. To make a successful SOC project, they need a bit of preparation on my part, though, so I'm wondering how much time I have to implement a proof of concept or two.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com