At 23:28 +1000 98/07/21, Fergus Henderson wrote:
>I ANAL, but I believe the phrase "public domain" is a well-defined concept.
>It does not mean why Simon L Peyton Jones means by it, though.
>If something is public domain, then anyone can use it for anything.

  I recall from the eighties about what wordings like "public domain",
"free-ware" etc really meant, and it turned out that people meant different
things.

  So to be one the sure side, I think ine should the wording "This software
is public domain, that is, ...", spelling it out.

  (By the way, what does the "I ANAL" you use mean?)

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>