| I think using monads, and specially a powerful one like IO, everywhere is
| a mistake.  I can't see the need for most uses of random numbers.
|
|      -- Lennart

Besides that, isn't the name "randomIO" a bit unfortunate?  It sounds
like it contrasts with "sequentialIO".

--Joe

Joseph H. Fasel, Ph.D.              email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technology Modeling and Analysis    phone:  +1 505 667 7158
University of California            fax:    +1 505 667 2960
Los Alamos National Laboratory      postal: TSA-7 MS F609
                                            Los Alamos, NM  87545