On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 03:18:34PM -0700, Joe Fasel wrote:
> *Sigh*  And the language named in honor of Haskell Curry
> for which Currying is not a valid transformation strikes
> again!

Worse, not only are the built-in product and function types lifted,
but one can't define the unlifted ones.  Before Haskell 1.3, even though
the built-in product was lifted, one could define pairs as an abstract
type exporting functions to make pairs and extract their components,
which would then behave as true products.  But then seq was introduced
(and in Haskell 98 extended to type variables) so everything is lifted.

Can we have extensional products and functions (or at least the means
to define them) please?