"D. Tweed" wrote:
> * Comments that actually contain meta-program information, eg pragmas
The Haskell standard system for putting information for the compiler in
things which look like comments is obnoxious, but fortunately not _very_
common.  I don't think it justifies adding yet another comment notation for
Haskell.   If you compile with unlit and with cpp, like a lot
of GHC, there must be at least 4 ways of distinguishing information for
humans from information for the compiler, which seems to me excessive.
Yet again I feel that the language would be improved by taking things out
rather than adding more things.  In my opinion you could get by very well
in Haskell with just "--".