I just ran into this lovely little corner today, and wondering if anyone has
any nice suggestions for fixing it.

You can write the section (+ x) to specify a function to add `x' to
something.  That's great, then you need to specify a function for subtracting
`x' from something.   Great, you just type in: (- x), and you're done, right?

No so, of course.  (- x) means `negate x'.  Bummer.  What an unpleasant bit of
asymmetry!

Any good ideas for fixing this for Haskell-2?  SML gets around the whole
ambiguity of negation issue by using `-' for subtraction, and `~' for
negation.  Not really ideal, but I must say I have a new-found respect for
that solution.

--Jeff