At 13:13 10/09/03 +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
Of course, if we change the language that is implied by -fglasgow-exts now, we risk breaking old code :-) Would folk prefer existing syntax extensions be moved into their own flags, or left in -fglasgow-exts for now? I'm thinking of:

  - implicit parameters
  - template haskell
  - FFI
  - rank-N polymorphism (forall keyword)
  - recursive 'do' (mdo keyword)

My 2p is that extensions that might be regarded as "mainstream" would usefully be included in a single easy-to-use switch like -fglasgow-exts. I think the only part I use from the above list is rank-N polymorphism, and that is imported from useful libraries.

Where do multi-parameter classes fit in?

#g