It was thus said that the Great Peter Corlett once stated:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:20:37AM -0400, Sean Conner wrote:
> [...]
> > Are you kidding? It can get much worse than that. I came across a
language
> > [1] that allows for patterm matched random GOSUBs (and that's the
general
> > case---it can do GOSUBs like other langauges, but it can also do random
> > GOSUBS, calculated GOSUBs, and pattern matched GOSUBs with randomness
> > thrown in for free).
>
> qw/ foo bar baz /)[rand 3]->('The goggles, they do nothing!');

  Jest all you want, but really, it's a nasty language.  Let's see ...
sections are numbered, but each line has a label.  The labels can repeat,
but when you call a subroutine based on a label, it picks a random line with
that label (and no, lines with the same label don't have to be
together---they can be interleaved with other labeled lines).  To compound
things, each line is a subroutine, except of course, if you include a goto
('#') which will goto the next line, unless it's followed by a label
('#aaaaah'), in which case, it'll go to a randomly selected line with that
label (unless you include wildcard charaters in the label, then it'll go to
a random line that matches the pattern given).

  You can call (or goto) a line in a different section, but remember, the
sections are numbered, not labeled, so you better have external
documentation to document what each section does.  I think you can repeat
sections from file to file, but I'm not sure if all the lines in a section
(across files) are collected together, or are file scoped (all I have to go
on is one page on the Internet and two programs written in this hideous
langauge).

  -spc (Oh yeah, and no comments in the language either ... )