http://schwern.net/img/Hate%20dog.jpg

> In case you didn't guess it yet, I was playing advocatus diaboli in
> reverse here.  (In modernese: trolling.)  In other words, your list
> and argument was good, though many items were kind of like the same
> thing.

I have so much hate for C, I can't just say it once!

> But: calling them "design mistakes" is like saying quills don't work
> well on flatscreen displays.  If you are really good, you can foresee
> five years ahead, and design accordingly.  30 years?  No way.  The one
> making a design mistake would be the one repeating C's design
> deficiencies at this day and age, as you pointed out.

Or still using it, basically unchanged, as our primary system programming
language in 2012.

--
Anyway, last I saw him, the TPF goons were pouring concrete around him,
leaving only one hole each for air, tea, and power.  No ethernet,