Hi,

I am extracting the average fMRI time series for ROI-based functional
connectivity analysis using surface fMRI data, for example,
rfMRI_REST1_LR_s2.atlasroi.L.32k_fs_LR.func.gii. The ROIs I defined (e.g.,
PCC) are spheres in the MNI space. At present, I first compute which
vertices are within the ROI and then average the fMRI data across these
vertices within the ROI. I am not sure if this method is reasonable for HCP
data, since I notice that the number of vertices within the ROI is
different for different subjects. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks.

Ming