Hi

> On 25 Feb 2015, at 03:39, Aaron C <aaroncr...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Dear HCP users,
> I have some questions about the extensively processed rfMRI data of
> “parcellation-timeseries-netmats”. Their filenames are
> “groupICA_3T_Q1-Q6related468_MSMsulc.tar.gz”,
> “NodeTimeseries_3T_Q1-Q6related468_MSMsulc_ICAd*_ts*.tar.gz”, and
> “netmats_3T_Q1-Q6related468_MSMsulc_ICAd*_ts*.tar.gz”.
>
> 1. For nodes, is there any specific threshold applied to the ICA spatial map
> to obtain the parcel?

No - thresholding was only used to generate the thumbnail overlays.

> I see from an old message of this mailing list that the thumbnail images were
> obtained by thresholding the ICA spatial map at Z>6. But how about the
> threshold for obtaining that parcellation? Is that also Z>6?
> 2. These ICA spatial maps were obtained from the ICA+FIX preprocessed data,
> therefore, given the dimensionality of 100 as an example, are all these 100
> components non- artifactual?

Not necessarily; there can still be some artefactual processes left in the
data, and out of (eg) 100 components there can possibly be a few artefactual
ones.   We have not attempted to classify those group-level components in the
PTN release.

> 3. For these netmat *.pconn.nii files, are the first column corresponded to
> the first ICA component shown in the thumbnail image “0000.png” in the folder
> “melodic_IC_sum.sum”, the second column corresponded to the second thumbnail
> image “0001.png” in the folder, and so on?

Yes

> 4. For these thumbnail PNG images, could I find any annotation regarding the
> corresponding dominant brain region on the HCP website (e.g., something
> similar to the annotations in Figure 4(A) of Dr. Smith et al.’s paper
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24238796
> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24238796>)?

Sorry - we haven't tried to annotate the PTN components.

> 5. Have these data ever been global signal regressed?

No.

Cheers, Steve.

> Many thanks!

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)