Hi Eran,

No easy answers leap to mind, but a few questions/thoughts:

* You imported the surface, but were unable to import the parcels?  Or the link
between the two wasn't evident?  The vertex index/number is the link between
the two.  The surf.gii has the x,y,z coords (and it matters whether you choose
white, midthickness, or pial), and the label file has the vertex-parcel
assignment.  Depending on your reader/conversion programs, it might be easier
to convert from cifti to gifti to import into matlab, though there is a toolbox
for reading cifti in matlab.

* This sort of thing was trivial in caret_command
(surface-region-of-interest-selection and surface-roi-statistical-report), but
I can't find equivalent functionality in wb_command, after looking at the
wb_command list commands output and searching the full help output for words
like report, information, and coordinate.  Maybe Matt or Tim can help me find
it, if it is there.

* I confess I wonder what your broader goals are, because I look at
parcellations like these:

https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/CorticalParcellation_Yeo2011

… and I think some of those parcels are pretty big/extended -- elongated and
subject to considerable gyrification.  A center of gravity seems less useful to
me in this context, though for the subcortical structures it seems more useful.

Those are the thoughts that come to mind.

Donna