Hi Ben,

Originally, the HCP planned to collect MEG and EEG together on a subset of
subjects at resting state and using functional tasks that are also used in the
fMRI part of the study. Pilot testing of the original HCP MEG/EEG protocol on
community subjects revealed that our protocol was too onerous for them, so we
made a decision to take out the EEG component. This is explained in the HCP
Data Reference Manual available at http://humanconnectome.org/documentation/.

Unfortunately, some of our webpages are out of date on this front.  Sorry for
the confusion.

Best,

Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Outreach Coordinator, Human Connectome Project
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387
el...@pcg.wustl.edu