CIFTI files store data on a combination of surface and volume
representations, so first you need to know (roughly) what structure the
thing you are looking for is on.  Currently, the options are left cortex,
right cortex, and everything else is represented as voxels.

If all you have to start with is a coordinate, you can get the closest
vertex to a coordinate with wb_command -surface-closest-vertex (you need to
use a 32k fs_LR MNI space surface here for the 91k grayordinate space), and
you can use the volume space in the cifti XML to translate between
coordinates and voxel indices.  Then you need to find the matching vertex
or voxel that is represented in the CIFTI file - the command
wb_command -cifti-export-dense-mapping should help here.

If there is no matching vertex or voxel that is represented in the cifti
file, then your coordinate has probably landed in CSF or white matter
somewhere.

Tim