wb_command -cifti-merge takes the output filename first, then you repeat
"-cifti <input>" for each input file (which is why in the help the -cifti
option is marked as repeatable), in the order you want them concatenated.

The help information for -cifti-merge includes this example and explanation:

      Example: wb_command -cifti-merge out.dtseries.nii -cifti
      first.dtseries.nii -column 1 -cifti second.dtseries.nii

      This example would take the first column from first.dtseries.nii,
      followed by all columns from second.dtseries.nii, and write these columns
      to out.dtseries.nii.

See:
http://humanconnectome.org/software/workbench-command.php?function=-cifti-merge

Tim