As you said, the voxels in cifti files are stored by their integer indices
as if they were in a volume file, so to get their location in space, you
need a transformation matrix, similar to the nifti sform.  This is exactly
what the TransformationMatrixVoxelIndicesIJKtoXYZ element is.  The simple
way to explain how to use it is to take the integer voxel indices as a
column vector, append a constant of 1 (important, don't use 0, if you get
this wrong your coordinates will be shifted but look plausible), and then
right multiply the matrix by it.  The first 3 elements of the resulting
vector are your coordinates.

Note, of course, that 2/3 of the 91k grayordinates space is on surfaces,
not represented as voxels, and the coordinates of these points is stored in
separate gifti surface files.

Tim