Hi Yaroslav,
To reiterate something Mike Hodge mentioned, any given package only
contains files for one subject.  When interacting with ConnectomDB, the
subjects to download, and the particular packages to download, are two
separate and distinct choices.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders
Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134
660 South Euclid Ave.Tel: 314-747-6173
St. Louis, MO  63110Email: mha...@wustl.edu

On 12/6/16, 1:47 PM, "hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of
Yaroslav Halchenko" <hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of

On Tue, 06 Dec 2016, Hodge, Michael wrote:
> Yaroslav,

> Separate packages are created for each subject.  The list I sent just
>listed packages for a couple of subjects to show you the files contained
>in the packages by example.  There aren't packages that correspond to the
>unrelated groups.  Each subject in the groups has a set of packages.  I
>could repeat the unzip search across all subjects if you wish, but it
>would be a very large file.

Dear Jennifer and Michael,

Thank you for your replies!

Let me may be describe my target use-case and why I was asking about
packages, which may be would make situation a bit clearer.

s3 HCP bucket provides convenient access to the dataset's individual files
but they lack annotation on what package(s) (as shipped from db.) any
particular file possibly belongs to.  But such "packaging" is important
meta-information since many folks analyze data from a particular "package".

In datalad project we would like to provide access to data from HCP
bucket, but
also would like  to allow users to specify "packages" -- as to which
specific
sub-datasets (e.g. not all subjects when not all subjects belong to a
package) to install and which files to download.  So it would look like
following if we assume that 7T_MOVIE_2mm_preproc  is a name of an example
package which contains a subset of subjects with 7T movie "task" data.

datalad search 7T_MOVIE_2mm_preproc | xargs datalad install

to install those subjects' datasets (git-annex repositories without actual
data
by default), and then (hypothetical API)

datalad get -r --annex-meta 7T_MOVIE_2mm_preproc

to actually fetch data files present in the  7T_MOVIE_2mm_preproc  package.

Similarly, they could later run

Since, I guess, you are composing those "packages" somehow already from a
list
of rules/files, I just thought that may be those could be shared, so we
could
embed that information in our annex HCP repositories and to not incur any
additional "development/setup/maintenance cost" (as to dumping listing of
generated .zip files).  Then, if just plain .txt files with listings
(unlike
formatted pdfs -- easily machine readable), then people could also easily
come up with their 1 line shell scripts to fetch corresponding to packages
files from s3.

So -- overall -- listings produced by Michael would work but I wondered if
we
could avoid (re)creating them and possibly make them even better for
machine-parsing (e.g. one .txt file per each package which would include
paths
for files for all the subjects in that package).

BTW --   7T_MOVIE_2mm_preproc   set of files is not yet on S3 bucket.  When
will that portion be uploaded?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org