I believe the nitrc-ce added the necessary lines to /etc/fstab for s3, so
you do not need to put "hcp-openaccess" or anything like it in the mount
command (the log you showed also suggests this, as the command they used to
try to mount also doesn't specify anything except the mountpoint).  So,
please try the command exactly as I typed it:

sudo mount /s3mnt

Hopefully this will give a more informative error message, probably related
to authentication tokens.  If not, and it still isn't mounted, perhaps
check /var/log/syslog to see if there are informative error messages there.

Tim