This thread might be helpful to you:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hcp-users@humanconnectome.org/msg03097.html

The data in Amazon S3 is not available in download packages as they are in
ConnectomeDB. Instead data are organized in the directory structure as all the
unzipped data unpacks for each subject.

You will also have to get your subject group from ConnectomeDB. If you want the
largest list of unrelated subjects from the S1200 for your analysis, you can
use the filters find subjects with the data that you need, and use the
Family_ID variable to choose subjects from different families. Viewing the
Family_ID variable and other family structure data require HCP restricted
access. Let me know if you need help with this.

Best,

Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387<tel:314-362-9387>