I would separate the CIFTI file into GIFTI and NIFTI components with wb_command
-cifti-separate and follow the instructions for surface tracking on FSL’s
website.

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Leonardo Tozzi <lto...@stanford.edu<mailto:lto...@stanford.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 6:19 PM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] Diffusion connectivity matrix with cortical and
subcortical parcellation

To Whom it may concern,

I have created a dlabel file by adding to the Glasser Parcellation from BALSA
the subcortical regions of the Freesurfer atlas.
Now my goal would be to run a tractography analysis and obtain structural
connectivity matrices using this cortical+subcortical parcellation. Could you
suggest the simplest way to go from my dlabel file to something that is
compatible with diffusion software? I know that probtrackx accepts GIFTIs as
input, but I was wondering about how to extend this to subcortical areas. Or
rather would the simplest solution be to convert each subject’s parcellation
into a series of NIFTI files in native/standard space and input these as ROIs
into probtrackx? In this case, could you recommend the correct series of
workbench commands? I am also open to other software recommendations besides
the FSL suite.
Thank you very much,

Leonardo Tozzi, MD, PhD
Williams PanLab | Postdoctoral Fellow