To Whom it may concern,

In this thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/hcp-users@humanconnectome.org/msg06276.html

I found a reference to eroded white matter masks for HCP subjects that should
be stored in

MNINonLinear/ROIs/CSFReg.2.nii

MNINonLinear/ROIs/WMReg.2.nii

but after running the HCP pipeline on my own data, these outputs don’t seem to
be there. Were these files created ad hoc for this release and would you have a
recommended way of obtaining comparable masks? To give you a context, I would
like to extract white matter and CSF signals to use aCompCor and add confound
regressors to my task GLMs.

I was also wondering, in the absence of these masks would it make sense to use
atlas-based masks in MNI space and extract the signals from the MNI warped
images, like for example
/Volumes/LT_storage/Trevor_study/EMOTION_PREPROC/100307/MNINonLinear/Results/tfMRI_EMOTION_LR
 . Would this be acceptable, for example in the case in which I were to
download only the task data from your release (so I wouldn’t have the original
T1s)? If not, is there another approach you would recommend?

Thank you very much,

Leonardo Tozzi, MD, PhD
Williams PanLab | Postdoctoral Fellow
Stanford University | 401 Quarry Rd