> I #8217;d like to know if GLPK (the C lib) is not thread
> safe?

No, glpk is not thread safe.

> If not, are there any plans to ever make it thread safe? We get
> occasional core dumps in a multi-threaded environment which we think are
> related to thread safety as we get a SIGSEGV inside GLPK.

Thread safety (unlike re-enterability) requires locking/unlocking
program objects used by concurrent threads. Since the standard C does
not provide such a feature, there are no plans in this direction.

I'm just wondering how you would use glpk if it were thread safe?
Thanks.

Andrew Makhorin