Alan Zheng wrote:
Hello all:

I am Alan, I used ftp client ("filezilla") to connect my ftp server (vsftpd with ssl). I used PASV mode. I want to use 443 port to transfer data, but I got an error message "GnuTLS error -8: A record packet with illegal version was received."

Did you know if GnuTLS don't allow ftp server to use 443 port (I know 443 port for https, but I have not https)?

This doesn't seem a gnutls problem. Probably you are starting a TLS connection on a clear channel, or some protocol error in the ftp has occurred. Use wireshark to find our what happened.

regards,
Nikos