AnimalVoicesNewsAlert

PETITION TO CONGRESS:
End Big Oil Taxpayer Giveaways

<http://action.lcv.org/campaign/congress_100days?rk=a1%5f4ey51Nr%2dsE>

Info Source:  "Gene Karpinski LCV" <lcv @ lcv.org>
Congress is back, and its first 100 hours are critically important for
moving us toward sensible energy solutions. Under Rep. Nancy Pelosi¹s
leadership, the House will vote on a bill to repeal billions of dollars in
Big Oil subsidies and tax breaks. New funds collected would be reinvested in
clean, renewable energy.

Sign the petition.  Ask your representative to take this step to reduce our
dependence on oil, help the environment, create new jobs, and reinvigorate
the American economy.

The Petition to Your Congressperson:

Dear Representative,

By supporting Rep. Nancy Pelosi's 100-hour environmental agenda, you have an
opportunity to put America on track toward a safe and secure energy future.
I hope you will seize it.

As a constituent concerned about the environment and our dependence on oil,
I urge you to repeal subsidies for big oil companies within the first 100
legislative hours. Instead, invest this money in renewable and clean energy.

This is exactly the type of energy solution that America needs. For far too
long, big oil companies have been benefiting from taxpayer dollars despite
their record-breaking profits.
In the first weeks of 2007, how will you define America? Will you take this
important step to reduce our dependence on oil, help the environment, create
new jobs, and reinvigorate our economy? I trust you will be part of this new
future for America.

Sincerely,
[Your name]
[Your address]