Hello,

Why don't you try:

@facturas = Facturas.find(:all, :conditions => [ "numeracion like ? or
orden_servicio like ?",'%...@q}%','%...@q}%'])

Using a ? in your sql statement should protect you from some sql
injection attacks.
Also, it seems it would be cross database compatible.

I did not try this out, so let me know if it doesn't work for you.

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Base.html#M002213
(both the exists? example and the find example)

Buenas Suerte,
Keenan