(on phone and winging this. Ping if it isnt working)

If you are in the rails directory type:
git remote -v

That will say where you are hooked up

Hopefully you will see an origin or heroku

If so, try again

If not:
Find out your git url:
heroku list
heroku info --app <app name>

Find the git: url

git remote add heroku <git url>

Hope that fixes it

Also, ensure you have your ssh key setup

--Keenan