Hi

1. Use git as your client (with git-svn).

Then just update (from svn) and push to heroku.
It works great.

If you have trouble, ping me. I haven't done this recently, but can try and dig
up some stuff if you need.

Issues you may see:
deleting directories (e.g. vendor/gems/* )in git doesn't always translate to
svn. So sometimes you get a fail there. Otherwise it works without a hitch.

2. Use svn and git
use svn like you always do
setup git as a duplicate version control system in the same directory.

When you want to push, just check the files into git (git commit -a) and push
to heroku.

I know someone who did this and said it worked for him.

Good Luck,
--Keenan