Hi Brandon,

Once, I had changed my memcache client library and it started raising
exceptions.
Turns out the previous library just returned a nil, while this one raised an
exception. So I hacked the library to return nil on failures rather than throw
exceptions.

(The previous library just returned a nil not failing)

This seems like the answer for me.

Maybe alter the gem and add the option to throw an exception instead of
returning a nil.

But it is curious that it would fail so many times.

--Keenan